On June 1 we welcomed 35 participants to the webinar with the leading financial experts of Norway and Lithuania – Mr. Stig R. Myrseth, CEO of Dovre Forvaltning, and Mr. Zygimantas Mauricas, Chief Economist at Luminor bank in Lithaunia.
Some of the insights shared by presenters:
- The corona virus is making global economy sick: we are facing the highest unemployment in 90 years
- Though we will see political changes, possibly some as dramatic as the health crisis, but at least it looks not too bad economically – 2021 could even be a boom year
- Baltics have successfully managed to contain coronavirus spread and are among least affected countries by pandemics
- As regards domestic consumption, consumer confidence in Estonia and Lithuania is among the highest in the whole EU
- Compared to 2008-2009 crisis, faster economic recovery is expected which so far is following V-shaped rather than U-shaped path
To (re)watch the recording, please click here: https://youtu.be/GyBx5BLqDiI